This webinar will provide a thorough introduction to skills training in DBT, a comprehensive treatment developed for individuals with multiple, chronic problems related to emotion dysregulation. Skills training is one of several essential components in DBT, and there is increasing evidence that DBT skills may be useful in treating a variety of problems related to emotion dysregulation . In this training, the elements of a comprehensive DBT program will be briefly reviewed. An overview of the skills modules will be provided, with discussion and practice of specific skills from each module, including Mindfulness, Distress Tolerance, Emotion Regulation, and Interpersonal Effectiveness. Finally, guidance regarding which clients might benefit from DBT will be provided, as well as suggestions for locating DBT programs.
By the end of the webinar, participants will be able to:
- List the components of a comprehensive DBT program
- Describe one skill from the Mindfulness module
- Describe one skill from the Distress Tolerance module
- Describe one skill from the Emotion Regulation module
- Describe one skill from the Interpersonal Effectiveness module.